In our continued pursuit to raise awareness and educate workers about the hazards of working in the heat, how to prevent heat illnesses and what to do in case of a heat related emergency, we are asking all PLS Pros to try and come up with acronyms in regards to the word “HEAT.” The Pro to come up with the best acronym will receive a $50.00 gift card.
Bill Veteto was kind enough to get us started.
PLAN ahead to get the job done safely- REMEMBER, HYDRATION STARTS THE DAY BEFORE!!!!!
Danger Signals to watch for are:
- If you’re not sweating normally.
- If you’re not visiting the “J-Jon”.
- If you feel thirsty.
- Feeling lightheaded.
- Nausea or queasy feeling.
Key pieces of advice for workers are:
- Drink water every 15 minutes, even if you’re not thirsty.
- Rest in the cool shade to cool down.
- Wear light-colored clothing.
- Learn the signs of heat illness and what to do in an emergency.
- Keep an eye on fellow workers.
At PLS, we not only want you to be thinking about Safety while you are at work but also want you to BRING IT HOME!!!!